The SBI Clerk Mains exam is the most vital part of the whole exam process. The marks obtained in this part are considered for the preparation of the final merit list.
Comprehensive preparation and regular practice of past year’s question papers are essential to crack this exam. Referring to the SBI Clerk Mains previous year question paper PDF on the official website and other similar websites is the best way to understand the exam pattern and topic-wise weight allotment.
Mains Exam Pattern
Understanding the exam pattern is an important precedent for knowing how to prepare for the exam. The exam is typically divided into four main sections, English Language, Numerical Ability, Computer and Reasoning Ability, and General Awareness.
- The English Language section contains 40 questions that should be solved in 35 marks.
- The Computer and Reasoning Ability section contains 50 questions to be completed in 45 minutes.
- The General/Financial Awareness Section contains 50 questions that should be completed in 35 minutes.
- Each question carries one mark, and the whole test is for a maximum of 200 marks.
- Candidates have 160 minutes to complete the test.
How to Prepare for the English Section
Candidates should have a certain level of fluency with the language. It is also essential to have a strong vocabulary. Antonyms and synonyms of different words are tested.
How Can You Prepare for the Quantitative Aptitude Section
- Conceptual clarity is essential to score well in this section;
- Working out mock tests and past years questions will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses;
- Focusing on topics you find difficult will improve your chances of performing well;
- Regular practice is critical.
How Can You Prepare for the Reasoning Ability Section
- Regular practice of mock tests series and previous years questions papers.
Downloading and practising SBI Clerk Mains previous year question paper PDF from the internet will help you understand the pattern of questions.
- Having a clear understanding of the relevant concepts is vital.
How to Prepare for the General/Financial Awareness Section
For the general awareness section, you must keep track of current affairs of national and international importance. You are also expected to know about recent developments in the field of banking. Taking quizzes and discussions with other candidates will help strengthen your preparation. The general awareness section is also one of the first sections you should start preparing if you are an aspirant because it includes memorising many details.
General Information about the Mains Examination
Negative marking is applicable, and ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. The SBI will release the cut-off on the official website only after the examination. Sectional timings are also applicable for each section. Candidates who clear the mains stage may be asked to take a local language proficiency test.
Focused Preparation Can Boost Your Chances of Success.
Understanding the weightage of each topic and being well prepared with important topics will help improve your chances of success. Solving previous years’ question papers is the most effective strategy to clear the mains exam. Scoring well for this phase is essential. Regular practice will help you get familiar with the exam pattern and system.